The possibilities of child market, companies and brands should take into account
2 years ago Christopher 0
Postponing age at first pregnancy, the tendency to only son, the guilt of adults by long working hours? Are some of the many reasons which led the children to become “the kings of the house.” For this reason it is increasingly evident that the child is a market full of possibilities for brands, both as direct market (have own pocket money) and market influence (influence purchases adults) and future market (they are also potential customers as adults).
However, it also has some very special and differentiating features. Possibilities that characterize today’s children and that any communication or marketing action aimed at them should consider…
1) They are a heterogeneous group, you can not consider them as a single homogeneous target.
2) Regularly receive money (paid) and extraordinary (birthdays, good grades …) to acquire little quirks and as an educational tool to learn how to manage money.
3) Children are hyper-aware as consumers, by their exposure to the media and advertising, as well as its internet domain.So much so that prescribes are buying for their parents, advising on what products to add to the cart or even what mobile or car purchase.
4) More and more precocious,“older before they become”. The behaviors of children are changing fast and you tend to adopt behaviors before and tastes of older children. A decade ago 12 year old girls still played with dolls, today is proving very difficult for big brands like Mattel Famous or a 10 year old girl wants to play with a doll.
You may also like to read another article on xWorld: 5 keys and common elements having all successful brands
5) They like advertising, but are very critical. A certain ages have trouble distinguishing between reality and fantasy, so expect to find exactly what you are “selling” them, are demanding consumers, with a limited budget who want maximum performance. They can be fooled once, but there will be a second.
6) Fidelity in childhood is intensive and focuses on very defined and short times.
7) Faced with adults, who tend to cling to their brands lifelong, children are open to try things they do not know.
9) They are becoming more technological. This familiarity with new technologies makes children are able to handle different formats at once, are multitasking and multi-screen, very skilled in sensory or motor plane. However, few thoughtful and often their level of understanding are superficial, as does their level of care.
10) Children today are global consumers and differences for geographical reasons are increasingly insignificant. It is said that a child of Japan today has more in common with an American boy with his grandfather. They buy what they like, but above all, what they buy other children.