Learn how to take care of the car like a pro with this easy guide and without great expense.
The Car Care Guide
Gone are the days when someone else (dad, probably) who was engaged to look after the car so it’s always at its best. Now is your responsibility, and unless you want to risk causing damage and malfunctions, or you want to spend a fortune on expensive services agencies, you must learn the steps to give proper maintenance to your car.
A simple list for car care
Make a list of what to do following these tips we give you below. Take it on the sun visor, or leave it in a visible place. You can take advantage of agendas and reminders on your phone to remind you to check the list once a week or every 15 days, and so always be sure to comply with all the care they deserve and need your car for work perfectly.
- Every 15 days, check the levels of oil, water, coolant and any fluid, especially if you notice leakage or loss under the engine in the garage.
- Check the level or air pressure in the wheels once a week, including the spare.
- Check operation of all lights, winks, beacons and anti-fog once a week, just to be safe. To do this, just sit in the car in the garage and turn on one by one the circuits, watching the reflections of lights on the walls.
- Wash the car once a week, taking advantage of your free time. Especially if you park outdoors or if you live in a city with arid or maritime climate. Use cases if you let the sun or weather, and do not let dirt (especially birds) settle in painting for more than a few hours.
- Once a week or every 15 days, vacuums and cleans the inside completely. If you can, use covers for upholstery, to maintain high resale value forward-looking, and have always spotless and comfortable car.
- Before the start of the cold season, be sure to replace or supplement the antifreeze fluid system and brushes, verify that carry chains for tires in storage (or placed tires snow, if warranted), and by the time heat, check that bring our laptop parasol and sheath, to take care of the car from excessive exposure to the sun.
Guide to care for the car as mileage
Follow these easy recommendations if you’ve forgotten to do periodic reviews to take care of the car with great efficiency as the kilometers:
- In 5000 at 7500 miles (8000-12000 kilometers) you must make a change of oil and filters (air, oil and fuel). This will keep the well lubricated engine running smoothly. Use good quality products, it is an expense that every so often and do not affect your budget.
- Every 15,000 miles (24,000 kilometers) reviews antifreeze fluid
- Every 30,000 miles (48,000 kilometers), checks the car spark plugs, and replace every 60,000 miles or 96,000 kilometers, approximately.
- Every 30,000 miles (48,000 kilometers), or once a year, review or recondition the battery.
Remember park the vesicular responsibly if you will not use it for some time, i.e. clean, covered with gasoline in the tank and the battery disconnected, or connected but giving start every other day, for a few minutes Care Car it will be very easy when you follow these helpful tips.