What is business stress and how to deal with it?
3 months ago Zimiya 0
Successful entrepreneurs are successful also because they are good at coping with their stress. People who are not too stressed are more likely to make a career and realize themselves in other spheres of life than their more sensitive brethren.
Stress is normal, sometimes it becomes exactly the impetus that causes a person to start acting for the benefit of himself. Only the state of chronic stress can damage not only business, but also health. Let’s try to figure out what is the cause of stress and how to deal with it.
Sources of stressful situations in business
The cause of stress development can be one of the following situations or several of them in the aggregate:
- The ambiguity or total lack of adequate information about your activities as an entrepreneur and the leader of your company.
- The tension arising from the conflict of personal relationships and the professional sphere of activity.
- Excessive striving for perfection and constant improvement of product quality.
- Overload, taking on an excessive number of duties.
- The burden of responsibility for making decisions and the well-being of your company and employees.
How business stress affects productivity
As shown by numerous studies of scientists, stressful situations directly affect the efficiency of labor. When people are in prolonged emotional stress, they tend to transfer their problems to others. First of all, personal relationships suffer, and because of personal relationships, discord in work begins. Therefore, it is extremely important to identify the symptoms of stress in the early stages and take the most energetic measures to correct the situation.
The first signs of accumulation of fatigue are manifested in the physical well-being of the entrepreneur. First of all, this change in eating habits, followed by sleep disorders, the person drinks more often (any drinks – from coffee to alcohol), smokes more, digestion problems begin, clamps in the muscles and blood pressure increase.
The next stage is a change in the emotional state. Appear pessimistic thoughts, depression, low self-esteem, frequent disappointments and complaints about fate, mood swings, irritability, there is a previously unknown feeling of loneliness.
Continue Reading: 9 bad routines that make you waste the hours of work
Long-term stress affects the mental state of a person, but at the same time from the beginning of its development to the manifestation of pronounced symptoms is a fairly long time. If the problem is not diagnosed in time and not treated, the culmination of such a state can be a confusion in the mind, a bad memory, a short concentration or a complete lack of ability to concentrate on the matter, loss of interest in life.
How to deal with business stress
Entrepreneurs often neglect their health because of too tight business schedule. Meanwhile, regular exercise helps reduce the impact of stress on the body. Doing sports is increasing physical stamina and regular oxygenation of the blood. This means that the brain will receive a large amount of blood, saturated with oxygen, and hence the improvement of efficiency and improvement of the quality of mental activity. It becomes easier to absorb new information, speed of data processing increases, concentration and ability to solve the arising operational tasks faster increases.
Studying the causes of stressful situations
Scientists have proved that one can struggle with stress, provided a deep understanding of one’s own personality and experience.
- Study yourself. Knowing what you are afraid of and why, you can quickly develop methods to resist stressful situations.
- Change the point of view. Instead of writing lists of cases, and then horrified by their volumes, write lists of what you have already done. This will give you confidence in yourself.
- Learn to trust people. It is impossible to carry everything solely on yourself. Educate people around you, who in due course can give absolutely any instructions. Start small, gradually delegating more and more responsibilities.
- Learn to say “no” to those things (and people) that do not contribute to the achievement of your goals.
- Set up a dialogue. Do not keep everything in yourself, ask for help from friends, relatives or mentors.
Relaxation and focusing
Every entrepreneur in the shower is a little perfectionist. However, the ideal is always unattainable, so instead of chasing a crane in the sky, focus on the tit: instead of continually improving the product, improve the service.
Make plans for business, yourself and employees. Understanding long-term goals, developing stages to achieve them, orderly actions usually bring with them calmness and confidence.